Monday, November 27, 2006

Mission 2: Finish Exams, Completed

IT'S OVER!

At least for this sem! A hectic schedule of 8 papers spanning 12 days that took me to every other exam hall in NTU has been completed!

Confident: Software Engineering, Wireless Communications, Human Resource Management, Multiculturalism and Communication

50-50: Telecommunication Systems, Digital Signal Processing

Sucks: Cellular Communication and System Design, Coping with Culture Transition

In any case, a result slip for this sem without 'C' will be good.

And the planning for next semester has begun:

HW310: Professional Communication
EE4110: Optical Communication System Design
EE4152: Digital Communications
EE4839: Fibre Optic Communication
LG81: German Level II

Surprise, surprise, I am going to try and pick up my bits and pieces of German that I learnt in sec1 at MOELC. If successful, I should be able to join the level II class for next semester!

Actually, after planning the timetable for next sem, it looks really empty and I am looking to take another GE, probably something that is really interesting. Found one - The Mind of Sun Tzu, but it is offered by MAE and I am quite sceptical if mech engineering profs can teach a topic like this. But for now, it looks the most promising.

So, if all goes well, I should be graduating with 175 AUs, much more than the 151 AUs required for my BEng. Hehe! 33 AUs (in fact 36, cos I crashed my French II) of unrestricted GEs + 12 AUs of restricted GEs = a whopping 55 AUs unrelated to engineering in any sense! No wonder I don't feel like an engineer.

Definitely getting the best value out of my university fees by taking more courses to enrich myself. And I almost always enjoy taking modules outside EEE, exploring different dimensions of interests.

So fast, the penultimate sem is over, FYP re-begins, and one more sem to go before going back to RSAF. And guess what, my pro-term ALOC course is going to be stay-in at air force school. Restricted freedom. -.-" Kinda dread it, but the $$ will come in useful.

Now for mission 3: MARATHON this sunday!

1 comment:

Zaiming said...

hi, I am thinking of 're-taking' French level 5 without official registration in next semester if possible.
I feel that my French proficiency is deteriorating. Need some extra input!