Friday, April 20, 2007

A lazy student's dream...

I was talking to Kenneth yesterday. He is from our EEE batch, skipped IA went for IO and has already finished all his modules. Although I knew he was good, I didn't know he is THAT good - First Class honours, with 65% As.

As he was saying, maybe the fact that he is from the poly batch, went for overseas exchange, and hence taking lesser NTU modules helped him secured his first class more easily. I never thought about this point before, yah maybe, but still kudos to you dude!

Then I started calculating, and I don't have 65% As. Only 50% I think, and took a lot more common engine modules. I think I should be glad to get a 2nd upper...

I think I made things difficult for myself by getting involved in so many activities. The first two years were crazy from a student's point of view. Four times a week training, then was bizmag for hall, all these took up precious time. Sometimes I do wonder, will I be in a better position now if I had just put in some more efforts for my studies. Regret? Maybe.

I think scoring that few more As were within my grasp if I worked harder. Then maybe first class is not so elusive then.

On hindsight, I think I would be better off at NUS with their cap system. If one is consciously aware of maintaining their cap at 4.5, I will plan and study and make sure that I get that 4.5 in the end. Afterall, I consider myself quite systematic and methodological to carry out my plans.

Bleah, just moaning. And dreaming too! I think this semester has been really good, and I am hopeful of doing very well indeed. Will a last surge send me up a notch? Hmm cross my fingers and pray.

If if doesn't come true in the end, at least I left NTU with a minor in CS, fluency with French, knowledge of German, and a double IVP athlete.

No comments: