Saturday, August 11, 2007

Wakeboarding

Went to Marina Country Club at Punggol to try out wakeboarding with mostly my AEO colleagues and soon-to-be coursemates.

Actually I've wanted to try out wakeboarding for awhile, since the time when I was canoeing at Kallang. Water sports always appeal to me and wakeboarding is one of those look cool and great bods activity. Finally had my taste of it thanks to Jimmy who intro this lobang almost one month ago.

There were 9 of us and we booked 2 boats at $330 per boat for 4 hours, which worked out to about $73 per head. Not cheap considering that I row for free Haha but it was definitely enjoyable. And also a few guys flew us aeroplanes last minute and added to the per head cost.

Anyway about the wakeboarding proper, a few of the guys can already do it effortlessly after their first try last month. Weiquan and Tommy were pretty steady and had good postures. As it was my first time, I took quite a few attempts to even get on my feet, but I would give myself a passable grade lah.

The trick is really to be patient and not attempt to overpower the force of the water. I thought I have an advantage because of my canoeing experience and know the waves and have better balance, but still drank quite a lot of water. But it was real good fun, to hire a boat, sun tan while not wakeboarding, and guess what? We all took leave and played on a Friday morning.

Will definitely be back for the next time!

No comments: