Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Reflections on LIFE

It's been a long time since I picked up my "pen" to write, but a lot of things happened so suddenly so quickly so abruptly that made me rethink about LIFE.

The parting of Eujin was a big shock. Although we weren't not close personally, he was someone I always looked up to. He was the one who aced the exams, trumped me in weights and pull-ups, ran and row much faster. He was the all-rounder that I admired and wanted to become.

The loss of the 5 dragonboaters in Cambodia was another shock. Among them, Boon San was my lecture mate in NTU EEE. I dunno him personally, but he was a friend of Wilfred. As a canoeist I feel the pain in their loss. Dragonboaters, canoeists, we are people with passion and determination in the things we do and I always respect all rowers. The fact that one of them were so close to my circle of friends made me worse.

My heart cringed when I read about each and every one of them in the newspapers. All outstanding young men, all great people with character and drive. And the people they leave behind...

It reinforces the fragility of life. People dropped their jaws when I said I was attending the wake of my friends. Aaron went in a hurry, and then Eujin. It hurt when people so young and so capable and so jovial laid quietly as we pay our last respects.

I shudder to think that everyone around me and I can be victims someday to some accident. Please take care my friends and treasure all around. Don't spend the time regretting.

No comments: