Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The weighty issue about SAF

I'm in danger of losing my performance bonus and promotion! Heard from the chief clerk at ALS-UC that failing to pass the BMI will have severe penalty!

Rumours say that the BMI passing mark will be lowered from the current 27 to 25 after the new CDF took over! After some calculation, I still need to cut 3 - 4 kg to pass my BMI... Haiz why why...

Actually BMI doesn't measure much. It doesn't account for pple with greater bone density, or people who are more muscular and hit the gym more often. Maybe SAF should consider using a combination of BMI and body fat percentage to determine the status of a serviceman's healthy weight.

Hey, I am not only defending myself okie! I am trying to speak in all fairness and as objectively as possible!

No comments: