Tuesday, August 22, 2006

IVP Track & Field

Stepped onto SRC for the first time since last May, and to participate in a trial to select discus throwers to represent NTU at the Singapore Open in September. Because they no longer organise the NTU Inter-School Track & Field, they will be sending athletes to the upcoming Singapore Open and use the results for selection of the IVP T&F team.

Haha, this must be the year when I put in the most effort to try and qualify for the team. But the discus trial went pretty smoothly, with only 4 persons vying for 2 spots. I am pretty off form, not at the peak of my strength and last touched a discus 2 years ago, but I still mustered 25m+ for second. A freshie threw 27m to finish ahead. Damn, I have been ursurped as NTU's discus champ.

But discus is not my pet event, and I did a short throwing training for shot put. Not too bad, I am still able to throw rather consistently above 9m, hitting about 9.5m. Taking into account my current physical condition, I estimate that I can hit 10.5m if I start training regularly (1 time a wk) from now till September. Hopefully, I can round off my final year with a medal, but shrugz, haven't compete last year and am not sure of the standards now.

Cheers to a new IVP jacket!

No comments: