Sunday, August 06, 2006

On your mark... Get set...

Finally back in NTU, moved into my cosy little single room, back to Hall 8 to see the familiar faces, and bracing for the start of the final year.

Final year life is not going to be easy, especially after meeting my FYP prof and groupmates last week. In a week, my prof expects three of us to come up with a design of a wideband receiver. I went through some lecture notes that she sent to us, and read up a little bit more by looking for some materials in the library over the weekend. Yup, I was in Library 2 on a saturday morning before the semester begins proper.

Digressing, I met Wanquan at the library as well. He is going to year 2 at CBE and is turning out to be a bigger mugger than I thought. But hearing WQ expressing regrets about his JC performance struck a chord with me. We were all once on par with the crème de la crème, but have now all lagged behind. At least he is trying to make up for lost time, having a GPA of 4.8 in his first year. Let us all work like no tomorrow!

Hmm, but I think I will be forced to work that way in any case. I can already feel the burden of carrying 2 HSS and 1 third year technical elective module into the final year. =|

I probably should get down to doing some real work. Thanks for hearing me grumble. Cheers to start of school!

No comments: