Monday, September 25, 2006

Term break, not term brake

How easy it was to slack through the wkend, wake up to a copy of the Straits Times, followed by a late brunch at the hawker centre, then return to watch tv, take an afternoon nap, have dinner, play mahjong and watch Da Chang Jin. Hehe...

I would have no complaints passing the whole week this way, if only I can afford though.

Term break is a time when the relentless wheels of the tutorials stop rolling for a week; the time when the alarm don't have to be set at 7.45am to be ready for the 8.30 lecture; the time to, basically, reflect, consolidate and prepare for the next half of the long haul, towards the final destination of EXAMINATIONS!!

Yucks.

Term break sounds rosy, until you are reminded of the assignments due, the presentations to prepare, the unfinished business with your FYP, and the upcoming quizzes ranging from telecommunications to cross cultural communications.

Voilà I'm back in 42-4-780 again. The only place where I can work. I tried bringing some notes and questions back home and forth without even taking a peek. Haha I suppose thatz what it means by drawing a clear divide between work and home, and I dun look like I can be a workaholic.

And the tidbits at home are making me fat. I need to come back to a NO-SNACK-ZONE to prevent ballooning. =p But Goodwood Park's durian snow skin is still as good as ever, yummy (and sinful!)

No comments: