Sunday, March 04, 2007

My lunar birthday, and the end of term break...

Yup today is 元宵节, and it is my lunar birthday. Haha actually only my mother celebrate my Chinese birthday with me, and we had chilli crap and zi char at the kopitiam near my place. Simple fare and lotsa calories! :p

***

The term break is over in a wink. Not an especially productive semester break considering that most other people are busy writing their FYP reports.

***

Went to the career fair at Suntec over the wkend just to have a look around. Talk to some stat boards and companies and they all told me last yr's bonuses were good, between 4 - 7 months. Wow, so much more than the 2.2 months that the civil servants received!

The only consolation was that it was headline news on ST saturday edition that ministerial and civil servants' pay will rise this year. Looking forward to an increase in starting pay, coupled with a increase in CPF rates to 14.5%, I think it is not too bad a year to start working. =)

***

Been entertaining myself watching youtube and crunchyroll lately. Trying to make use of my increased bandwidth with Maxonline subscription. Haha. In the process of watching this Korean drama called "Wedding" starring Jang Nara. Not bad, simple and touching romance with lotsa twists. Been catching Hana Kimi too on youtube before it started airing on Ch U recently.

No comments: