Saturday, December 16, 2006

Tekong revisited

I am back in Pulau Tekong, nope not for BMT but to conduct experiments for our FYP.

Pretty mundane life, everyday wake up at 5plus, take a cab to SFT, take the Penguin fast craft in, do expts, pack up at 5 in the evenings, then take a cab back home.

Actually, life this week hasn't exactly been a breeze. It rained almost everyday in Tekong, and on my side I have to load and unload the equipment each time we switch positions to log our data. Nothing very mentally challenging, more physically tiring.

Kinda bored with this FYP. For the MIMO group, their data collection would be over after these 2 weeks, but my air to land will have another trial either in Jan or Feb. *shrugz*

Tekong does evoke some nice memories. In fact, I enjoyed my BMT in Tekong, made some nice buddies (whom I have already lost contact with) and we went thru all those shit together. And re-entering Tekong this time as a civilian, I did accomplished some insignificant "firsts":

1. Don't have to march around like a chao recruit
2. Eat fried chicken, fried beehoon etc in the Tekong jungle
3. Talk to the RSM on equal footing, lol
4. Wore a singlet and walked around at the BMTC HQ
5. Washed my boots in the parade sq toilets (sry to the company doing area cleaning there! =p)

In fact, sometimes things get so boring that I went for some runs in my pants and boots around our experiment sites. Need to get some running fitness for my IPPT on the 29th Dec! OMG...

No comments: