Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Why am I loitering in school?

This is my last semester in NTU, and final year undergrads should be very busy at this time of the year with their final year projects.

I just came out from a brief stay in my lab, completing a layout for a low pass filter that my groupmate designed. The thing is - the whole lab is filled with people who seem to know what they are doing and putting in the time and energy for this final lap.

And me? Here I am loitering at one corner of the school blogging.

I wish I am kept very busy doing research for my dissertation, I wish I am occupied with the testing of equipment, I wish I have plenty of results from trials to process, I wish I can put the results together to write my report, I wish that at this moment my project is near completion and I am in the final stages of drafting the report.

But I am not.

Seriously, my final year project is quite disappointing. I wanted to do this because I thought the air to land communication channel characterization would be helpful to my future career. But the trial will not get underway until March 07. =| And what's worse when I cannot recollect the meaningful work I have done for air to land comm. A few characterizations of amplifiers, mixers, helping out with the design of filters, building a receiver horn antenna structure.

Ich bin kaputt.

I think prof lee is considering letting me write my final year project based on the datalogger programme done by Yusong, our PhD student. But I am not excited at all. How can I expect myself to learn the whole programme in a matter of weeks and submit a dissertation on something that I have not done? If the moderator drills me, I will sure be gone.

I am at a loss, quite unusually. I hate to be lost. Someone show me a direction!

No comments: