Monday, January 08, 2007

Last Semester!!

Yeah I am back! Last semester, so fast! Feeling excited and raring to go again! (I'm so sure I will be cursing come April when exams come around)

Not allocated the GEs I placed on the waitlist, even though there are still plenty of vacancies for German I and Basic Media Writing. I guessed I will just stick to the easier LG80 this sem, after all should be a good revision to strengthen my German basics.

Had a small episode at the undergrad office when I was submitting my appeal form to overload GE. The lady claimed I have to submit the "subjects registered" in STARS, while I printed out my timetable from STARS planner. On the form, it asked for confirmed timetable. Anyway I refused to budge because iHub and CITS are damn crowded and it will take another 15 mins to find a terminal, send print job, release and go back to re-submit. She took it after lotsa grouses, but I don't really care.

Anyway, this appeal for overload of GEs is a complete waste of time and resources. More paperwork for the students and staff alike, what for? By all means give those who haven't finished their GE requirements the priority when balloting, but for god's sake just let people like me who got nothing better to do to add/drop GEs with remaining vacancies after all the others got theirs on waitlist.

Sometimes I wonder why. NTU - Global University of Excellence, third class administration who looks for trouble themselves.

No comments: