Sunday, January 28, 2007

Not the usual class gathering

Attended Aaron's wake this evening held at the void deck of his flat in Jurong West.

***

The circumstances around his passing away are still a mystery, but I was glad to hear that he did not suffer from physical injuries and his valuables were intact when they found him. It is already a great relief as I feared something worse. At the wake, his cousin explained the results of their own investigations in Manchester and it was similarly inconclusive. According to Duanli, Aaron's mother and his brothers are not going to dwell any longer too.

I am glad that I managed to tell all present about the great hospitality Aaron offered me and helped illustrated his selflessness and helpfulness. I will remember Aaron fondly for his assistance and my greatest gratitude.

My deepest condolences to Aaron's family. Take lotsa care.

***

The wake was an unusual setting for the gathering of 2B. It is exactly ten years since we stepped in Chinese High as innocent 12 yr olds. The faces are familiar, but they all seem so distant in my memory. Everyone's grown up, some changed but most still are the same.

I was moody most of the time, and only managed to catch up with Shihao more. For the rest, I don't have the energy to initiate conversations and lied low. The slide show of Aaron's photos was too much for me and I couldn't help letting the tears roll down.

As a tribute to Aaron Kok, Duanli will be organizing a soccer match for our class and I look forward to seeing all of them again in a different setting.

Well, at least old friends met up and itz heartening to see everyone come together in a time like this. It is the last bit we can do to send Aaron off.

No comments: